Saturday, March 6, 2010

Souvenir shopping, gods and a Huge Mall

Jason and Sarah took us souvenir shopping and it was a huge store. Things were quite in expensive and I got all my kids something. They had some beautiful furniture and as I wandered to the back of the store there along the back wall were several carved statues of some gods. People had left money and water for them to drink in hopes of a blessing and the signs read, "These are not for sale" I wasn't sure if I was supposed to take a picture but I did anyway. There was no one around. They were intricately carved. I still am amazed that people are blinded to see that the statue is a piece of wood with no life. The front of the store had a couple of spirit houses where people also left money and burned incense.




This mall was 6 stories and is the largest in Asia. It was so huge!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails