Monday, December 7, 2015

Update on Boys Joining Us. 12-07-15 Post #24

Post #24 12-07-15
Just a short update: The boys are adjusting well. They seem relaxed. Typically, this is the honeymoon stage where we all get used to each other and this time we are speaking that it is going to be our norm. That it will continue. It is peaceful. The other kids have just embraced them and it is beautiful to see. On the the second day, they both called me "Mom" and then Duane, "Dad". This was completely unexpected this soon. But my heart loves that they feel safe enough to do this. We won't lie, we almost said no to taking in these boys. We knew what it would entail and what it meant. There would be rough days ahead. But then God.... the way he does things, you know, He waits.  He waits for his compassion and love to do their thing, because in the past, we had already said we were willing if God highlighted one of his little ones that needed hope.  So we said yes. We said yes, with some fear. 
But we were brave. We stepped out of our comfort zone. 
Was it easy? No. but Yes. With Grace. With His Love. This song by Misty Edwards came on Pandora today. 
"I knew what I was getting into, and I still want you, I knew what I was getting into and I still chose you.... Cuz only I can see the end from the beginning.
And only I can see where this is going.
And only I can see the end from the beginning.
And I see in you the seeds of love.
And I see in you strength when all you see is your failure and all you feel is ashamed.
I can see deeper than that.
I know you better than that.
I knew what I was getting into when I said your name."
I love the lyrics because God knows what he's getting into when he sees that orphan who is wounded. He knows and he still does it. I want to be like that. Confident that Love wins. All the time.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails