Sunday, July 26, 2015

Adoption Updates

I am still posting what I can from the FB group here.
Here is what is happening lately.

UPDATE #11 July 25,2015
I spent a good part of the day, filling out applications- One for the home study agency, and one for Homeland Security to immigrate Little J to the States.  The good news is that we do not have to immigrate M. into the states. That saves a lot of money and time.  I paid some fees. Gasped at some other fees that are coming up and wrote emails and texts asking for letters of reference. 
I went through documents to see if I already have some marriage certificate and birth certificate copies and found some but don't have enough so I will have to order those from vital statistics. I also got an email from the adoption agency director who was able to talk to my friend who runs the baby house. 
Later in the morning, my older son, Ben called and asked if he could come get the kids and take them to a movie. I thought that was an awesome idea! The house was quiet for a couple of hours and I actually experienced some complete thoughts, totally uninterrupted! LOL! and I got to spend some time with my man in the pool. 

I really can't believe all this is happening! After two years of barely any movement on either adoption, we seem to be now moving at a fast pace. There are tons of paperwork to gather and notarize, visits to be made by the social worker, and lots to do around the house. We realized we have no working fire alarms, or fire extinguishers. Two musts if you are adopting. We are trusting God for the finances to be there when they are needed. The agency still hasn't given us a price yet, but in reality, it doesn't matter, LOL! we have already jumped off this cliff. We are expecting to fly!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails