Monday, March 23, 2015

Promises Remembered



Someone else took this photo of the rainbow that appeared last night and I'm glad they did because I just enjoyed this rainbow, afraid to run and get my phone as it would be gone before I got back. But It stayed clear and vivid for at least 15 minutes. I'm glad I chose to enjoy it though, because God met me where I was.  After a chaotic afternoon, I had stepped outside to enjoy this beauty, it had just stopped raining and I needed a deep breath.  In the cool after the rain, it was so refreshing and beautiful. It felt like a doorway to heaven, giving me refreshment. I was reminded to keep holding on to the many promises of God that we had been given. Sometimes, it gets wearisome, looking, hoping and staying engaged. But in those moments, after the rain, I felt His Presence. And I felt remembered.  A pair of white turtle doves flew to the top of the rainbow and danced around adding to my wonder. And then in that moment, a group of humming birds swarmed the feeders and one hovered in front of my face as if to say, "It's true you know. God is faithful."  Then an Oriole, which is rare to see around here, lighted on the feeder, and I felt God saying, " I'm about keeping my promises to you. Even the ones you've forgotten or have given up on. Don't give up.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails