Our family started using Essential Oils last year and what a difference in our lives they have made! Physcially, Emotionally and Spiritually, we are better off having discovered how to use them! I love how God created oils to benefit us and they smell so divine!
I love them so much that I can't resist sharing them with you! Our family of 12 stayed healthy last year and so far we are the healthiest this year than others are faring.
I wanted to share a few tidbits on how we keep our family healthy in the winter.
1. Lemon Oil Hand Spritz. Hand washing is best. When you are out and about you can pull out your little spray bottle with lemon oil and water. Spray down shopping cart handles, your hands, restaurant tables, etc. Great way to cleanse on the go. Also, takes care of any sticky kid messes great!
2. Respiratory Blend. For the congestion, stuffies, and general yuckiness that can settle in sometimes. For ease of use on the go, you can add a few drops of Respiratory Blend to a roller bottle and fill the rest of it up with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Layer it with Lime oil for added respiratory ability- have a tissue near by, it works fast!
3. The “B”. I’m sure you’ve heard of this combination by now. If you are new or just forgot, it’s worth repeating the recipe:
4 drops Lemon
2 drops Oregano
2 drops Melaleuca
2 drops Protective Blend
Place in an empty gel capsule and swallow. This knocks it out fast! Try and take this as soon as you start to feel a little “off.” Repeat it often until it’s kicked. If I feel something starting, I’ll take this every hour or so until I feel better.
UPDATE: You can now get capsules made for you and are much more cost effective. YAY! Protective Blend SOFT GELS!
4. Homemade Cough drops and Cough Syrup. Eucalyptus oil is known to be a soothing aid to the respiratory system. Sometimes a little bit rubbed on the feet or chest is enough for relief.
Protective Blend throat drops which are awesome to have around or keep in your bag for emergencies. They are a great line of defense to help boost the immune system.
If you want something a little more DIY, try these recipes
1 1/3 Cup Raw Honey
1 1/2 Cup Water
20 drops Protective Blend Essential Oil
Mound stevia in a pie plate. Create rounded indentions in the stevia with the back of a small spoon. Set aside. Bring honey and water to a boil. Continue boiling until hard crack stage. Take pan off of the heat and stir. Add Protective Blend Essential Oil. Spoon drops of the mixture into the stevia molds. Let cool to touch. Roll drops around in the stevia till coated. Wrap in parchment paper.
5. Peppermint and Lime are great for soothing. Apply them down the spine, on the feet, and the back of the neck. Remember, small amounts, applied often works best.
For Head stuff, try tension blend, peppermint, lavender, frankincense, chamomile, etc. Experiment and see what works for you. For the big ones, you can also use Soothing Blend, or Wintergreen. Apply topically but don’t forget to use them aromatically too. Sometimes, just inhaling the aroma is enough to help you feel better.
6. On Guard Product Line. Products made from this blend include the oil blend itself, toothpaste, cleaning concentrate, hand wash, and throat drops. This is from a trusted Essential Oil Blog:
“In a study done at Oklahoma University, research was conducted by using Protective Blend to see it’s effectiveness on influenza virus infections. The results were staggering. Despite antibiotics not being able to treat the influenza virus, results showed that Protective Blend reduced this virus by up to 90%. The researchers concluded that Protective Blend plays an important role in keeping families well without harsh side effects.”Use Protective Blend throughout the day to keep up your immunity and reduce viruses. Just line everyone up and apply it to the feet every day. Or make everyone in your family their own Protective Blend roller bottle filled with a few drops of the blend and filled the rest of the way with fractionated coconut oil.