Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"HIDDEN" My Newest Painting


“Hidden” Watercolor/Mixed media by Melissa Carter 20x30 

“He rescues her from hidden traps, and shields her from deadly hazards. His huge outstretched wings protect her... under them she is perfectly safe.” Psalm 91: 3,4 The Message (paraphrased)

The beginnings of this painting began in my head at least a year before it ever made it to paper. As my heart began to be stirred about the issue of sex trafficking and the children and girls who were lost in a world of hopelessness, I began to pray that they would be sheltered by Him. I believe my paintings stir the heart of God to release angels and people to set the captive free. My creative gift has purpose. It gives visual to what I see is happening in the supernatural. It brings awareness to stir others into activation to make a difference.
Hidden represents Jesus sheltering a lost girl. The blanket she is wrapped in represents the ethnicities of girls who are lost inside of sex-trafficking as well as the robe that Jesus offers as a beauty covering. In her darkness, He slips in to protect her and cover her with His Might powerful Wing so that she is invisible to the enemy. I found Psalm 36:6-8 that verbally demonstrates this.

Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the ocean depths.
You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.
How precious is your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings.
You feed them from the abundance of your own house,
letting them drink from your river of delights.”

The oranges, reds and yellows represent the life and fire that can be restored to a girl who no longer knows hope. The metallics in her hair represents the glory of God that she is crowned with. It is how God see her, a princess created in his image filled with hope, purity, and promises.

Upon finishing the painting, I knew it wasn’t quite done. There was a power element missing. As I was sitting and pondering over the painting in my studio, Kim Walker’s song came on, “I Still Believe”.
The words, “ Right now, your blood takes away the curse... Right now, your blood sets the addict free... Right now, your blood mends the broken hearted.... transforms my mind... brings the dead to life. I still believe... Your Love is sufficient.” moved on my heart and I knew I had to portray the blood of Jesus as the power source of these girls’ salvation.
With my heart pounding, knowing I could potentially ruin the painting with what I was about to do, I splattered red paint to symbolize the power of His blood that washes away the lies of the enemy. Even more crazy I stamped LOVE over all the enemy’s words because I know that LOVE never fails. That’s it. LOVE wins their hearts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails