Sunday, February 21, 2010

Observations of Africa

I did post this blog entry way back when but since I am tring to finish up the blog in chronological order about our African Journey, I went ahead and reposted it.
To try to keep my mind off of the waiting I paid extra attention to the sights and smells of everything. I wished I had actually journaled more but my energy level was so low. But When my friend posted this pic on his FB and told me it was a real pic, I had to send it for a laugh along with my observations. I'm thinking the guy had the goat legs tied together in the front. There is no telling what you will see on a boda boda or bicycle.


THIS PICTURE HAS NOT BEEN DOCTORED. I GOT IT FROM MY FRIEND HERE.

YES, IT IS A GOAT! THOUGHT YOU ALL NEEDED A LAUGH TODAY!

I thought I needed to include this post for a laugh. You would never believe it but you have to take my word for it! A regular mode of transportation around here is the boda boda (a lightweight motorcycle) and a bicycle. Not only do these vehicles carry people but they carry anything that you might need transporting. Now I know some of you are not going to believe the things I write down here but I promise THEY ARE TRUE AND I HAVE SEEN THEM WITH MY OWN EYES!!!!

Things I've seen on a Boda Boda or Bicycle:

1. A full twin bed, not in pieces but fully put together

2. Approx. 20 foam mattresses

3. At least 40 Gerry Cans (these are 5 gallon cans they use to transport water in)

4. a family of 5 plus the driver

5. 2 huge bunches of matoke(plantain)with a woman

6. 1 75 lb. bag of coal

7. 2 large 20 gallon milk cans with owner

8. 2 100 lbs bags of potatoes

9. 4 large matoke bunches (these each probably weigh 50lbs)

10. 1 queen bed , in pieces but with headboard and footboard

11. An entire bedroom furniture set

12. 1 man and 2 small appliances

13. about 60 pineapples

14. 1 50lb bag of sugar

15. 50 huge stalks of sugar cane

16. About 75 crushed cardboard boxes

17. about 30 flats of fresh eggs=75 dozen eggs!

18. 30 live chickens tied together upside down awaiting to be sold and be dinner.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails