Thursday, July 10, 2008

Going Back a Few Thoughts

Going Back a Few Thoughts..

Post script to Continuation of lessons learned

If you go back and read the entry to Continuation of lessons, I want to insert something here that I wrote in my journal. It goes along with tree illustration. Go back and read it because that is where I am going to write it. I will just post this again, revised.

Continuation of lessons learned

March 24, 2008

REVISED

Yesterday marked the 2 month mark of me being here and the 64th day! God is faithful and since I wrote the above several days ago, He has carried me and given me strength and joy. I can feel the end of this journey nearing. I watched the sunrise (thanks to Mukisa Isaiah) this post Easter morning above the mountain and the clouds were a beautiful pink color that my camera couldn’t even capture. I felt hopeful that this week would bring good news.
Another thing that I have learned is to have Faith. As it says in Hebrews 11, “Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not yet seenFor by it men of old gained approval.” .”( I am hoping for passports not yet seen!) It then goes on to list people who did things they thought they never could but did it because that was their call from God. They put their faith in God and he grew it. It was like they planted a seed of Faith in God and He watered it and it grew tremendously. In the end there was a tree of Faith instead of a seed and God was glorified. They were like trees planted by still waters. Their Roots ran deep. Heb. 6:7 says, For ground that drinks the rain which often falls upon it and brings forth the vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God. But if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed and ends up being burned. And though vs. 39 says, “And All these having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised.” It is stated that God gave them something better. As my pastor has said, “What God gives you or promises you does not always look like what you think it will. Keep the eyes of your heart on Him.” All those people could have chosen to say,God this is not worth it, forget it! But no, they trusted God and chose to use the rain to grow instead of discard it.
The rain may pour down on me but I have to choose to either drink it in and let God use it for His purpose to grow me or toss it out and dry up and not be useful for His Kingdom. Though it feels like I am drowning at times, I have to trust God’s word and His heart.
I never expected things to turn out this way but God gave me a baby because of it all. He knew a baby needed me as his mother. He knew that I had hoped in my heart that I would have a baby one day. He put two people together who needed each other.
So through all of this, I thank my God that He has grown my Faith. To tie in with all of this, I have learned that God is FAITHFUL. He has reminded me over and over of that through Scripture and praise music that I brought with me. He has reminded me through emails from some of you. He has reminded me through Ugandans here. It really puts me in awe that My God who created the universe, cares about my day and what I am going through.
There are other lessons too but I have to think how to word them so will get to that later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails