Saturday, January 29, 2011

ONLY 7 DAYS LEFT!!!!

VALUE: $500 22x24

“When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppression, He will send them a Savior and Defender and He will rescue them. “ Isaiah 19:20

I NEED YOU to help me. I can donate my art and you can support others who are physically involved in taking care of the LEAST of THESE.

Melissa is donating the proceeds to help a family who adopted from Uganda. Visit http://melissacartercreations.com/gpage14.html to learn more.

ABOUT THE PAINTING:

"DEFENDER AMONG THEM"

I think three things inspired the conception of this painting.

First, of course I was wanting to portray a message about the fatherless and the motherless.

Second, were the techniques of some of the works of Gustav Klimt, the famous Austrian Symbolist painter of the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.

Third, was the Jesus figurine in my collection of nativities from around the world.

I began thinking about the timelessness of God. He has always been here. “ …He was and is and is to come.” “Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.” Revelations 4:8, Hebrew 13:8.

When these babies, these children, are abandoned, are rejected, and are hurt, He is there throughout their lives. Jesus is their Defender Among Them. He may not be noticed among them, but He is there. When they cry and hurt and are lonely, He is there.

He cries along with them, He hovers and protects them. He knows their name.

Each baby in the painting, has a word or phrase written in a native tongue of their country to portray the promises of the Defender.

Starting at the top of the painting, they are:

Chinese - I am chosen

American – I am loved

Hispanic – I am protected

Thai - I am safe

Swahili – I am known

Russian – I am wanted

Arabic – I am free

Hindi – I have hope

Jesus- Hebrew – I AM LIFE

ONLY 7 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

Melissa Carter Creations will match up to $250 of donations received.

HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP:

You can win an ORIGINAL painting of Melissa's as well as some Giclee prints and Christmas Ornaments with her art work on them.

A $5 donation will enter you INTO THE DRAWING

DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 4, 2010 , NOON CENTRAL TIME.


Melissa Carter's artwork is known for portraying images in watercolor that send a message about the least of these.

Her artwork has earned numerous awards and has been exhibited in several places. She is the adoptive mother of 9.

8 of them are internationally adopted.

The Grand Prize Winner will receive this ORIGINAL painting. It will come with a Certificate of Authenticity.

1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive one of the 11x15 GICLEE PRINTS shown below which will also come with Certificates of Authenticity.

The 4th and 5th place winners will receive a Christmas Ornament with Melissa's art work on them.

BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY.

ONE TICKET - $5

TWO TICKETS - $10

FIVE TICKETS - $20


You can buy tickets through mail to

Melissa Carter / KU PROJECT

313 Harris Dr.

Florence, AL 35634

OR

Email me at kdcarter@mac.com if you want to purchase tickets by credit card.

If you want to purchase by Paypal send to kdcarter@mac.com - label as KU PROJECT

Blessings, Melissa Carter








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails