Thursday, December 2, 2010

TODAY IS THE DAY! PAINTING REVEALED

(Color is brighter in real painting)

TODAY IS THE DAY! PAINTING REVEALED!
This is an ORIGINAL painting
VALUE is $500.00

BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY.
ONE TICKET - $5
TWO TICKETS - $10
FIVE TICKETS - $20

You can buy tickets through mail to
Melissa Carter / KU PROJECT
313 Harris Dr.
Florence, AL 35634
OR
email me at kdcarter@mac.com if you want to purchase tickets by credit card.


Click here to read more about who will benefit from your ticket purchases.


"DEFENDER AMONG THEM"

I think three things inspired the conception of this painting.

First, of course I was wanting to portray a message about the fatherless and the motherless.

Second, were the techniques of some of the works of Gustav Klimt, the famous Austrian Symbolist painter of the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.

Third, was the Jesus figurine in my collection of nativities from around the world.

I began thinking about the timelessness of God. He has always been here. “ …He was and is and is to come.” “Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.” Revelations 4:8, Hebrew 13:8.

When these babies, these children, are abandoned, are rejected, and are hurt, He is there throughout their lives. Jesus is their Defender Among Them. He may not be noticed among them, but He is there. When they cry and hurt and are lonely, He is there.

He cries along with them, He hovers and protects them. He knows their name.

Each baby in the painting, has a word or phrase written in a native tongue of their country to portray the promises of the Defender.

Starting at the top of the painting, they are:

Chinese - I am chosen

American – I am loved

Hispanic – I am protected

Thai - I am safe

Swahili – I am known

Russian – I am wanted

Arabic – I am free

Hindi – I have hope

Jesus- Hebrew – I AM LIFE

“When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppression, /he will send them a Savior and Defender and He will rescue them. “ Isaiah 19:20


1 comment:

Gio said...

Melissa, I love the colors. With your last couple of paintings the colors have been intertwined so nicely.
It allows my eyes to relax :)
Very nice.
Love gio

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails