Everyone raved about my WHITE CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE last night and wanted the recipe. Here it is:
It is lengthy and takes time to make though it really is a simple recipe but your taste buds will have a party and thank you when you are done.
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped Pecans
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 stick melted salted butter
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 and 1/2 cans of (15-ounce +7 ounces) can pureed pumpkin (NOT PUMPKIN PIE FILLING)
1/2 cup melted white chocolate or chocolate bark (melt this in microwave at 30 second intervals til melted)
3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pumpkin syrup (optional) (the kind you flavor coffees with)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wrap a 10 inch cake board in foil and place in bottom of 10- inch springform pan.
Using two 12x15 -inch pieces of heavy- duty aluminum foil, tightly wrap the outside of the pan . Press the foil tightly around the pan molding foil to it. Set aside.
In medium bowl, combine crumbs,pecans,brown sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter. Mix well with your hands. Press down flat into a 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
1. In Large mixing bowl or stand up mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, sour cream, sugar. Spoon melted chocolate one tablespoon at a time while mixer is running til chocolate is incorporated. Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time (DO NOT OVER BEAT AFTER YOU ADD EGGS OR CAKE WILL BE SPONGY) Add the spices along with the flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.
2. Put the spring form pan into a larger cake or roasting pan. Pour the batter into the prepared pan to the top rim leaving a 1/4-inch. (You may have batter left over). (Put this into a bowl and put in microwave in 1 minute intervals til cooked for a custard)
3. Put the roasting pan in the oven and add enough of very hot water to come two thirds up the side of the springform pan. Bake 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is set and the top is beginning to brown lightly.
4. Remove the springform pan from the waterbath and the oven. Let sit for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the aluminum foil wrapping. Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan to release the cheesecake.(This step will reduce the chances of the cheesecake cracking as it cools)
6. Cool the cake completely on a wire rack. Cover the top of the springform pan tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. (If you need to speed up the process, place in freezer for one hour then refrigerator for a couple hours)
7. Release from springform pan and place on serving plate and decorate with whipping cream and white chocolate pieces that have been sprinkled with nutmeg.