Sunday, December 27, 2009

Getting the passports in my hands!!!

Update posted July 7, 2009
Well, as I posted previously, I was in Masaka for several days and was told that the kids passports had been printed on June 30th!!!!! Thank You God! Our mountain had been crushed.

We rejoiced and the kids are so excited. What a long journey this has been.
As we wait for Our I-600a to be renewed, I am thankful that our Senator, Jeff Sessions stepped in to intervene. We hoped it would only take a few days to get the stuff done and then we will be on our way home in a week or so.


Our joy was short lived as the enemy tried to throw another roadblock.

Monday, July 6th, back in Kampala, we expected to pick up the passports from our attorney and got news that just tore my heart to pieces.
We were told that our attorney wouldn't release them to us unless we paid a large amount of money. The problem was, we did not have that much money. We had just about drained everything money wise already. It was like all my hope had been pulled out from under me! We finally got to this point and are this close to getting home and now this stunt is pulled and I know we don't have that money to pay immediately. So we are going to be stuck in Africa FOREVER which is going to cost us money. First I was shocked, then just hopeless and then I was mad! And for a little while, I looked down to the wave coming my way and started sinking!

I did all I could to hold back the tears but they still streamed down my face as I sat with B., S., and J.
"How could he do that?" It is not right and totally wrong!!!!!"

We all sat and discussed what we could do?
Really, there was nothing, except negotiate and intervene in prayer.
S. decided he would have a talk with our lawyer and let me know what transpired.

I retreated to my room as I had been in bed for 3 days with bronchitis and sinus infection and prayed and cried out to God to bring Justice.
I was too weak physically and spiritually to fight. I called my dad and mom and had a good cry. He and mom prayed over me. I posted on Facebook for people to pray. I was thankful for the prayer support and encouragement.
At that point I lifted my head up and reached for Jesus to hold me and pull me out of the waves.
After that I released it into My Father's hands, knowing He was bigger than any lawyer who was greedy or wrong. He would fight for us. No one can be against us if He is our God.
A peace came over me that I knew was His love engulfing me and I totally rested in His promises. We would be victorious.
I did not hear anything from S. the rest of the day, so that probably meant that he did not get hold of the attorney.

July 7,
Today, late in the morning, my phone rang. It was J. telling me that he had my passports in hand and was bringing them to me!
The attorney had changed his mind and had released the passports! Hallelujah!!! He wasn't going to hold them until we payed him. Yeah God!!!!

S. is meeting with him on Thursday to talk more and negotiate.
This was awesome news to hear and I am very thankful for S. who spoke with him on my behalf and for all of you who lifted us up in prayer.

My God is an awesome God and I am so thankful for His strength he gives when I am weak, for His healing he gives when I am sick and for His Justice he issues when needed.
He has taught me a lot about reliance on Him and practicing his presence at all times.
This journey is almost over and I so look forward to being back at home with ALL of my family under one roof!

The last I heard on our I-600a paperwork was that we were getting the renewal and our Senator's office was ready and waiting to get expediting done once the documents reached ATL. As of yesterday, the documents were still in AL.
I can't file for the kids' visa's until this approval is finalized.
We wait to hear.
Please continue to pray for me to gain my strength for the things that need to be done in the days ahead. I am thankful that Maggie is with me on this trip. She has been a great help.
I am so behind on my journaling and with this sickness, I have had no energy to journal but hopefully I can get to it soon. I promise I won't leave you all hanging int he middle of a story!
NOTE:
I added some details to the journal post above. I was pretty sick from this point on and was having very bad problems breathing. None of the meds I was taking seemed to help.
All I wanted was to get on a plane and go home with my kids!



I was showing the kids their passports. This is what we have been working towards now for over almost two years! This is truely a miracle to be holding these passports. Thank you God!
They were disappointed when I told them that we couldn't go even though we had the passports. It was hard for them to understand.
Brenda brought me red roses to celebrate the passports and for being mom!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails