Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Due Date

Today was my due date. What? you may be thinking, is she talking about? Well, you know, when you have a baby, you have a due date. Today was mine. When I got back home from Africa, after I was granted legal guardianship of my little man, I signed up for all the baby newsletters, coupons for diapers and other baby stuff and had to pick a due date. It has been 12 years since a baby has entered this house and I needed to brush up on my baby parenting knowledge. I just knew that my baby would be home by today. But here it is and there are no exciting "labor pains" happening. Though, I can't go into details, I can say that things are not really moving towards passports for any of the kids. This week, I have been going through the emotions of irritation, disappointment, sadness and frustration that I am still separated from my kids and at the prospect that they are probably not going to be home for Christmas. It is really hard to articulate the emotions that I am processing these past few days. It is really hard to keep my composure at times going about my daily routine with the kids. It is hard not to lose it when others ask, "How's it going with your adoption?" I have had to cry out to God many times, "Give me strength to wait. Give me hope to hang on to." And as faithful as He is, He has comforted me and given me strength. He has given me hope that they will run into my arms soon and our family will be joined as one unit in the same place. I know God is in control of the situation but I also know that God moves when his people pray. We are asking you, our friends and family, to diligently pray with us in this next week that God would move on the hearts of those responsible to obtain passports for the kids, that God would perform a miracle for us and reunite us. We claim His promise that,
" He sets the lonely in families". We know those kids are ours. Our hearts just ache not being able to be with them. Please pray for Allenni's health as well. She quite often has asthma attacks. Thanks to all of you who have prayed for us during this journey.



P.S. I have a limited number of signed Christmas Ornaments featuring my paintings available.
They are $18 each and $3 shipping. Along with that purchase I will throw in a set of note cards.
YOU HAVE TO ORDER THESE DIRECT FROM ME BY SENDING AN EMAIL TO ME.
You can pay by paypal to kdcarter@mac.com or check to Melissa Carter.

I can get them sent out right after Thanksgiving.
Ornaments available;
Family Treasures
Orphan's Tears
Love Took Me In
Sweet Chinese Boy
China Wall
Asian Boy
African Boy



1 comment:

Holly said...

Hi there!

I have been following your story on Journey to Me, and have joined in your frustration with you. My heart goes out to you while you wait. I am praying for you and your family, that it won't be much longer! Do you follow Gracie and He Fubai (Selah)'s JTM story? She had a great entry on there lately called "Abide." Someone had shared with her that "hangin in there" sounded like a cat hanging on for dear life by the claws. But "abiding" is imagining yourself curled up purring on your Savior's lap, just having faith that He is in control. I am praying that you will be able to "abide" in Him today. :)

In His love,
Holly Gilliam

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails