Friday, August 1, 2008

update on carter crew

Hello Friends and Family,

Sorry that I have not sent an update recently but my computer crashed and then I had to have it fixed and i have also been out of town.

Really, there is nothing new to tell. We are still waiting. That pretty much sums it up.

As far as any word on what has happened with the grandfather saying he has no idea where the kids are, there is none. WE are trusting God on smoothing this wrinkle out.

I am missing the kids. We are hoping that we can get some pictures taken and emailed to us. if we do, You know I will post them.

Our friend John, has told us that the kids are doing well and ask when are we coming to get them. Allenni and Andrew are very happy in school and Allenni's health is doing better. We haven't heard much about Isaiah.

I wonder if he is walking yet?

His passport was supposed to be ready the first of July but there has been no word on that also.

We did hire that attorney to help us with Allenni and Andrew''s situation and he told us he would hold off on pursuing a solution until I returned to Africa. Ha. I wrote back and told him I was not coming until at least one of the children had a passport. It has been too hard on my family here at home to leave again with uncertainty.

He agreed then he would go ahead and start working on a solution.

things have been quite busy around here. The older kids went to youth Camp for a week and then I went to West Virginia for a week for a women's conference with some friends. that was a much needed girl trip. (I thank God for my new girlfriends! -- you know who you are! ) West Virginia will never be the same! This Friday, A Japanese college student, Koki,will be coming to stay with us for 2 weeks until school starts back. Koki stayed with us last fall some.

I have also been in this mood to clean out everything not necessary in life. So all this week have been cleaning out every nook and cranny. Looks like we might have a good yard sale in the Fall.

Now if I can only get my kids to do the same to theirs!

We are asking prayer from all of you.

As a lot of you know, in the past, we have dealt with some major issues with our daughter, with not attaching,bonding etc. to the extent of sending her away for 10 months to get therapy for her and respite for us. Through all of those experiences, god has somewhat led Duane and I into ministry to help other parents and kids suffering through this.

For the past 16 months she has done beautifully and we have praised God for her healing. She accepted Christ as her Savior and also has been growing tremendously in her walk with Christ.

Over the past 2 weeks though, it has been like taking a lot of steps backwards. A lot of the old stuff is resurfacing and we know it is God showing us that the root of the problem has not all been dealt with.

Duane and I also have grown spiritually over the past 16 months , and know that what Maggie is dealing with is a spiritual problem. Satan does not want her to succeed and therefore fights us all against her reaching her full potential.

Please pray for wisdom on our part, unconditional love on our part, and healing on her part and accepting the love on her part.

Our whole family is experiencing spiritual warfare recently and we would love you to lift us up if you think of it.

We also ask your prayers As our family steps into ministry. This ministry will require a lot of us but we can't wait to see where God is going to take us and what He is going to do.

Some of you may have noticed that I have added a new blog. I am trying to broaden my horizons and spread the word about orphans and adoption. I can also post video on this blog and you can see what books i am reading and other favorite stuff. I am still keeping my journey to me blog.

Since my computer crashed, I lost all my address books, so if you happen to read this somewhere else instead of receiving it by email, send me a note to add you to my mailing list.


If you are reading this and don't want to, send me an email and i will delete you! Lol


Much Blessings and Love,

Melissa Carter

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You and your big, beautiful family are in our prayers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails