Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update on Allenni and Andrew

Update on Allenni and Andrew

Well, It has been a couple of weeks since I have sent an update, so since the house is quite for a few minutes, I thought I would let you all know what is happening. I do have an entry that I have been working on about more adventures while I was in Africa but have not had time lately to write. So maybe sometime soon I will get it posted.
We really haven't heard much until the end of last week.
Allenni had another bad asthma attack and has a pretty nasty infection on her scalp but we wrote and got medication for her so hopefully she is doing better.
After sending numerous emails to A&A's attorney and hearing nothing, I finally wrote another one requesting he respond immediately and lo and behold, he did!
He said the children needed to be registered as refugees before they could get a passport.
I must be honest, I was a little irate reading this. For three weeks, I had been trying to find out info and then he tells me this. I could have taken them and started the registering process while I was there. In fact, I inquired about it while there and my attorney told me not to pursue it. The day I left Africa to come home, my attorney was supposed to be meeting with the prime minister's office and was supposed to let me know what was going on. So for 3 weeks, I have been trying to find out what happened in that meeting. I could have had someone already take them to start that process. When we met with UNCHR last time I was in Uganda, they told me the process takes 6mo. to a year.
So we are praying for a miracle that it WON'T take that long.
So, I wrote back to the attorney and was very nice, asking how we start the process and how long does he think it will take, etc.
I got an email yesterday back from him basically telling me that he was finished with my case and no longer would be of any help to me. I was on my own to pursue the refugee status and passports.
In a way, I was relieved that he quit because much wasn't getting done with him anyway.
Isaiah's attorney is going to help us along with my friend John.
If Isaiah's passport gets finished, I am hoping to travel at the end of July to go get him.
We know God has a plan for bringing our kids home and we will trust Him. We have decided to not try to spend our energy to figure God out but to spend it Praising Him and rejoicing in All He has in store for us and our kids.

Here are the prayer request specifically:
1. That the refugee registering process will be smooth and uncomplicated.
2. That Isaiah's passport would be completed without any problems.
3. That my health would continue to improve.
(I am gaining strength but continue to have a low immune system and keep getting infections of various sorts and it looks like I might have to have root canal on my front tooth)
4. Praise-- We had asked prayer about some decisions and guidance we needed while in Africa that had to be made before we returned to the USA, Well, ---God took care of the burden and problem we were having so we did not have to make a life changing decision. So we want to thank him for that.

Well, better run, We have no children tonight and my hubby asked to take me out for dinner!
Thanks to all of you who have been praying for us. We do appreciate it.
Love and Blessings,
Melissa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails