Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer Fun at the Carters

Summer Fun at the Carters

I have to admit I am having fun so far. The kids and I have been hanging out at the pool [after chores are done of course]and yesterday we went to a new park they built here in town down by the Tennessee River while I was in Africa. We took a picnic, got wet, played on the playground, had fun with friends and got badly sunburned! We all look like red lobsters! We have Chinese lobsters, American lobsters and Romanian lobsters. The Bulgarians just browned.
I must admit, I am not the model Pediatrician's wife. I brought sunscreen and announced that I had it but didn't offer to lather any of my children with it. Didn't bring any Band-Aids either for the falls they had when running through the water and brought junk food for the picnic!
BUT... I did check out the new playground equipment and wondered why they didn't put ANY shade over the massive structure that was sitting in FULL sun! Not sure how the kids were playing on it without getting burned!
I'm being funny, but it is all true, sad to say! Hahaha!
Gotta tell a funny story that happened at the waterpark. [Background info: Nathaniel is 16 but never to my knowledge has "noticed girls". He also has this habit of walking up to complete strangers and saying WHATEVER is on his mind.]
As I was talking to one of my mom friends, I noticed that Nathaniel stopped this very pretty African American girl and asked her something. The look on her face was interesting so," Uh oh," was my first thought. She walked off and I called him over and asked, "what did you say to her?" And with out even missing a beat, he said, " I told her she was hot!" My face must have shown horror, because he laughed and said,"Mom, I'm just kidding! I asked her if she remembered me." When inquiring where he knew her from, he proudly announced," 2nd grade."
What 15 year old girl looks the same from 2nd grade? Not many. from the look on her face, i don't think she remembered him. HA! On second thought, Nathaniel is all the time seeing celebrities roaming around our little town on the TN River. We always look because you never know when he might actually see someone famous and we will miss them.
FYI- I think I have finally figured out one of the reasons, God calls me to adopt so many kids.
Ready? This is deep now. HE knows I LIKE DRAMA. LOL.
Life would be boring without drama. just in case you are wondering, the only way, I am able to sit here and type though is because THEY are all still asleep, except for Eli, but he is watching Diego.
Shhhhhhhhhhh. ..... Tomorrow, Maggie and I are throwing a surprise 16th birthday party for Seora, Ben and Nathaniel. They all had their 16th birthdays while I was in Africa.
NO!!! NO!!!! they are NOT getting licenses! If they were hitting the roads, I would be leaving them! Nathaniel is enthralled with speed and can't keep his eyes off the speedometer, Ben loves the beautiful scenery of all things God created and Seora, well, she scared us to death driving a golf cart. Pedestrians and trees, GET OUT OF THE WAY! Ben did get a gas scooter for Christmas, so he is in training. I know y'all think I'm kidding, I am not! Sometimes you gotta laugh at life AND be sensible. [smile] So, no licenses for now.
Anyway, back off that rabbit trail. The party. We planned a pool party so for the last two days I have had Ben and Nathaniel get the back yard in shape for their own party. I told them I wanted to start having people over. So they are cleaning up for their own party!
[Had to go there for a minute, Eli noticed a turtle stuck in the pool, so we had to go rescue him.]
Party. yes. ok, so we have a bunch of people coming over tomorrow and we have managed to do this without the three oldest knowing, even when Graham announced very loudly, "Can I invite some of my friends over for the Party on Friday?!" Would you believe, it is very hard to keep a secret around here?
We have to make the cakes today and I guess that since I bake a lot, maybe they won't ask me what they are for and I won't have to tell an untruth. [smile] But if they do, Maybe I'll say they are for some friends.
Let me say here, that I cannot express how full my heart is being home and having fun with the kids. Being away from them for almost 4 months straight has made me realize how much I love them and really what matters in life. It is not about stuff but about their lives and who we are as a family. It is about the fun times and making memories.
I am definitely going to keep my "norms" in place for sure because that allows us to have time to have fun. But I am so amazed at what God has done in my family. Kids have been healed physically and spiritually. Lives have been changed. And it is NOTHING that we did but what God DID. We know God has something special in store for each of these kids and can't wait to see what it is.
Truthfully, not everyday is a "fun" day and we are grumpy and just plain irritable with each other and tired of each other. But those days lately are few and far between and I am enjoying them.
God has definitely blessed us and filled our quiver. In fact, we have enough to fill 2 quivers.(Sorry the home-school mom in me is coming out and I have to be correct in this matter. (A quiver holds 6 arrows).
One more thing, There has been no word yet about Allenni and Andrew's passports but Monday the High Court issued the written decree granting Isaiah's Guardianship to us. Having this written decree allows for our attorney to apply for his passport. One good thing is, is that the decree stated that Isaiah should be issued a passport right away so we can carry out our obligations as his legal guardians.
Praying for the words for all three, "Passports Ready"
Well, I know I have probably talked enough.


Melissa

Eli
Eli

Seora and Maggie
Seora and Maggie

Maggie
Maggie

Ben
Ben

Graham and his friend Issac
Graham and his friend Issac

Goofy preteens
Goofy preteens

Spider Eli?
Spider Eli?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails