Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It is good to be home

IT IS GOOD TO BE HOME

Well, We are home and got in Late Wed. night.
let me say it is good to be home!!!!!!!
It was harder this time to leave the kids but I know they are in good hands. We left Isaiah with the foster family and Allenni and Andrew in the care of UCOM where they will start school this week.
We are praying for passports very soon.
Our trip was pretty good. Duane and I actually slept on the first flight for about 5 hours! that in itself was a miracle. We have never been able to sleep on the plane. We got a bulkhead seat. (I'll tell you later about the adventure of getting on that plane. In amsterdam with our 8 hour layover, we decided to see if we could get a tour of the city and we took a 3 1/2 hour tour of the city and got back in enough of time to grab a bite on the go and finish up our shopping of souvenirs for the kids. the second leg of the trip wasn't so bad. I was blessed to have the seat beside me and in front of me empty. I tried to stay awake on that one as it was a day flight. The third leg was the easiest and I slept on that one as well and we were in Huntsvile before I knew it!
The kids here were glad to see us for sure. It was so good to sleep in a nice big soft bed!
I have been pretty sick for about a week and on the trip home with a severe sore throat, cough and congestion even though I have been on antibiotics. When we got home, yesterday as I was so miserable, Duane switched my antibiotics and prayed over me and today, I am so much better.
It looks like I am going to wait until I hear some definites about passports before I travel again. I need to be with the kids here and build my immune system up.
sorry if I confused some of you. I am filling in the blanks and backtracking with the previous email I sent. I posted a video of Isaiah's birthday on iweb go to http://web.mac.com/kdcarter/iWeb/Carter%20Family/Isaiah%27s%20Birthday.html
I have included some pics of the kids back here at home.
Melissa


ELI DRIVING A FRIEND"S BOAT
ELI DRIVING A FRIEND'S BOAT

SEORA AND MAGGIE AT THE LAKE
SEORA AND MAGGIE AT THE LAKE

GRAHAM TAKING IT EASY
GRAHAM TAKING IT EASY

BEN AND NATHANIEL WITH A BAD HAIR DAY
BEN AND NATHANIEL WITH A BAD HAIR DAY

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails