Thursday, August 8, 2013

I HAVE TO GO to the Eye Doctor?



I made it through the eye doctor today! Its been 3 years since I've been and since my first visit at the age of 15, I have never liked it. I only went today because my glasses have been duct taped and super glued one too many times for a period of 2 years and I finally ran out of contacts and 1-800-contacts would not send me any more. My quirk with eye doctors is stupid really; but in my house, quirks and issues run rampant so this is nothing out of the ordinary.   
In my opinion, eye doctors are too much in my personal space and when they flip the lenses I feel like I am bidding in an auction. It seems to be the only time in my life when I am truly confused! "2 or 3? 3 or 2? 3 or 4? or 4 or 5? 5or 6? 6 or7? 7 or2?" ( flip something and say it really fast)  
I must say this doc was the best I've ever been too and lessened the pain of an auction by "eyeing" where I was at in my my vision and discussing my needs. ;)  
BUT I came out of that optometry chair a little distraught about my age because he told me how old I was! Well, he didnt actually come out and announce to me that I was 44, but he mentioned to me that I was bordering the point of needing to get bifocals. :( "You are not there yet, but its coming!" One time of telling me could have been enough, but oh no!, he kept repeating it, over and over. "Bifocals!? that's what the elderly wear! Not me!" silently whining as I smiled politely. The truth of his words were devastating. I was no longer a youngin'.  The fact that my eyeballs were numb and blurry from the drops he had put in them, did not add any hope to the experience.  But the truth is, is that I have grey hair, more moles and wrinkles on my face than ever, my great grandmother's mustache, a 24 year old kid, AND I am only 5 1/2 years away from 50!  I was living my life in oblivion until he busted my bubble. So now I have another item to add to my list of why I don't like eye doctors - They get in my personal space, pretend they are auctioneers AND burst my bubble world. After, my inner healing session, it's going to be at least 5 years now before I enter another optometrist office again. Well, AFTER I go back and get my contacts prescription, next week, because my new glasses make me look older. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails