Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I'm going to THAILAND, VIETNAM and CAMBODIA!!


Hi Everybody,
Hello from beautiful California! 
As most of you know, Duane and I moved here to Redding,CA to attend Bethel church. 
We have been loving it here. We are amazed everyday that we get to live here in this beautiful area and Kingdom Culture! In this last year and a half, God has grown our hearts and enlarged our territories. We are seeing the possibilities of dreams that we have had for years                                           beginning to unfold.  We are amazed and stand in awe at what God is doing in our lives. 

As we have been here, God has allowed me (Melissa) to become involved with I.Dignify, an organization started by Bob and Kimberly Johnson. ( http://idignify.com
I.Dignify works to equip caregivers of children and young women who have been rescued out of sex trafficking as well as participate and support other organizations who rescue and advocate for victims of sex-trafficking.  They bring the love of God to many who are lost and hurt.  
My heart comes alive when I am working with I.Dignify. It is awesome to be able to teach others about bringing hope and healing supernaturally to these lost young ones. It is awesome to know that because of our efforts through I.Dignify many will learn what it is to become a daughter or son.  
I have been given the opportunity to go with I.Dignify on a trip from April 1-18 that will land us in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia where we will be working in brothels and with caregivers in rescue homes. Duane, being the super great husband that he is, is taking over as Mr. Mom! 
I believe this trip is going to be very instrumental in my future work.  When I went to Thailand almost 3 years ago, it rocked my world and changed my life! I knew I would be back!   I feel the time is now with this great opportunity!  ( For those of you thinking it, No, My plans are not to bring back a little one, though you know I want to!) LOL! 

LONGING FULFILLLED
As a radical lover of God, I realize that I have the privilege of going to the ends of the earth to impart who I am and what I have received, which is the love and life of Jesus Christ. I have been given the grace to demonstrate God’s unconditional love and introduce His abundant life to every person I meet. (Ephesians 3:19, John 13:34)

I typically do not write a letter asking for support but I feel that it is important that others join with me in this effort whether it is by PRAYER or FINANCES.  As most of you know, I grew up on the mission field and have traveled to many countries adopting and doing mission work. Bringing Love to the world is important to me. I love Bethel’s  wonderful Missions Vision because it goes right along with my vision. A portion of it is below:

  “ The heart and passion of the Bethel Mission Department is to see the sons and 
daughters of God in all the nations awaken to His goodness and love. As children of Heaven, we have access to His Kingdom and demonstrate His love, glory, and power in all aspects of society. Our strategy is to raise up a generation of world changers in their own nations to begin to run with their God-given inheritance to bring heaven to earth and transform their nation.”

 The total cost of my trip is $3200 and has to be paid by February and March. If you would like to donate, financial gifts may be made online at  
https://missiontrips.ibethel.org. This gift is tax deductible and you will receive a statement at the end of the year for your tax records. If you wish your gift to be anonymous, please check the anonymous box.  This will allow you to receive an end of year statement, but will not allow me to see your name.  This is a non-refundable donation to the Bethel Church Missions Department for the benefit of the iDignify Social Justice Trip/ Melissa Carter.    

If online payment is not an option, check donations can be made payable to Bethel Church and mailed to the following address:  Bethel Mission Trips Department, 915 Twin View Blvd., Redding, CA 96003.   Please include a note with the donation designating Melissa Carter as the recipient.   My email and paypal address is kdcarter@mac.com .  My snail mail address is 7783 Churn Creek Rd. Redding, CA 96002. If you would like to talk to me or make a donation by phone, you can call me at 530.215.1426-  Pacific  Time. 
I want to say a huge thank you ahead of time for those of you that are investing in me. 

I know a support system, a community of people who invest in me whether it is through prayer,finances or encouragement is very important. I want to Thank You for believing in me and what I am doing!  (Matthew 10:8)
Blessings to you, Melissa Carter
If you would like to be sent a reminder to pray for me on this trip as well as receive updates, let me know and I will get you on a list!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you Melissa...I always look forward to "hearing" about your new adventures and the things God is speaking to your heart. I know we both love women and children... I will be praying for you and yours and the ministry team. May you have favor in your resources, health, favor with paperwork and anything else you need. May God go before you and prepare all that you are going to do, see, experience and touch. To God be the Glory. ly, tjmc

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails